- Home »
Partner with Haiti Communitere
At HC our core function is connection. We value partnerships and what they bring to the relief environment. There are many different areas of need post-disaster. We focus on collaborating with partners to gain a broad perspective of the overall situation so that a more comprehensive solution for the community is found.
Sustainability is the key. We define sustainability as any approach that can continue indefinitely by using local resources, the involvement and decision making of the local community, all while ensuring minimal waste.
When the people of an affected community have a better understanding of their resources and are involved in how their community is to recover, a long lasting solution is achieved.
- Networking services to connect you to organizations and local communities applicable to your goals.
- Room and board for short and long-term stays.
- Conference room and office spaces with continuous electricity and Internet access.
- Locked storage spaces with 24-hour security for large quantities of supplies.
- Fully equipped workshop (e.g. welding machine, cement mixer, table saw) with an extensive range of tools that can be borrowed for offsite projects.
- Transportation services using our school bus.
- Opportunities to pilot and test new projects on our base (e.g. composting toilets, alternative shelters).
- View our Resource Center for a comprehensive list of services & resources.
Already a partner? Submit a request…
“Haiti Communitere attracts such an eclectic group of people from around the world – it’s incredible, really. You have also created a safe, and really important networking space for other organizations and volunteers. You’ve opened up a whole new world to me; in your commitment, caring, and concern…not only for the people of Haiti, but for people around the world post disaster.”
Natural Building Expert
“The connections Haiti Communitere provides allow us to source materials we need for our various projects. Through HC, we’ve been able to access tents in emergencies, buckets for our community contacts, and school supplies for community schools and children in need.”
Emma Taylor, Media and Marketing Director
European Disaster Volunteers
“I’ve been privileged to work in partnership with the people at Haiti Communitere to build the first strawbale building in Haiti. By providing logistical and other support along the way, HC’s staff and volunteers have allowed us to focus solely on our work – bringing safe, affordable, sustainable, and appropriate re-building solutions to Haiti.”
Martin Hammer, Architect
Builders Without Borders
“The fact that we were able to go to Haiti without much more than experience, materials, and intention, and then hit the ground running was largely due to Haiti Communitere. HC connected us with other people and organizations who were able to help get our ball rolling, and did so with a competence and good cheer that was almost disorienting in a place where even basic tasks can seem insurmountable.”
Beth Cole, Acupuncturist
Acupuncturists Without Borders